Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated pizza crusts
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 48 cubes
- 48 slices pepperoni (3 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray two 9-inch pie pans or one 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove dough from both cans. Unroll dough; starting at center, press out each dough rectangle with hands to form 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into 24 squares.
- Top each square with cheese cube and pepperoni slice. Wrap dough around filling to completely cover; firmly press edges to seal. Place seam side down with sides touching in sprayed pie pans.
- In small bowl, combine oil and Italian seasoning; mix well. Drizzle over filled dough in pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F For 16 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm pizza bites with warm pizza sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I think these are just wonderful! I made them yesterday so that I could throw some in our 5 year olds lunch for snacks this week. He does not like pepperoni (or so he says) so I made half with pepperoni and half with just cheese. He devoured the pepperoni ones! LOL! I did not find them dry and they were not time consuming to make. I will make these again and again as Ty just loved them! Thanks Chef V!
Awesome snack! I can see teens devouring this! Next time I want to try this with some different 'insides' and try to sneak some veggies in there! hehehe I thought they were a tad dry for me but everyone else loved them. I adore lots of sauce on anything though so that is just me I am sure. I loved dipping them in the pizza sauce too! The seasoned olive oil that was brushed on before baking made these over the top! Thanks for a wonderful snack that you made much healthier than the store bought frozen pizza rolls that are so popular. Hats off to Chef V!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...