Stuffed Chicken Cacciatore
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup white mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with basil, oregano, and garlic)
- 1 head garlic, crushed and diced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1⁄3 cup Chardonnay wine
- Need Ziplock gallon freezer bag, toothpicks, large oven proof skillet and lid.
- Peal and crush garlic, dice, place into small bowl, salt and cover with olive oil.
- Start the pasta water.
- Place chicken breasts one at a time into a gallon Ziplock bag with a little water, use smooth head of meat mallet and pound chicken into rectangles about 1/8 in thick.
- With flattened chicken breasts arranged in a row, add dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and Parmesan to each breast. Roll up each breast and use toothpicks to secure each roll.
- In a small covered bowl, microwave mushrooms for 1-1/2 minutes, pour off water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, add chicken rolls, add chardonnay, cook chicken rolls about 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken rolls.
- Add onion rings, crushed red pepper, and red pepper slices to skillet and cook until tender. Add canned tomatoes, mushrooms, merlot, and Italian seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken rolls to skillet, cover, and place into oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta.
- Remove skillet from oven and remove toothpicks from chicken rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!