Stuffed Chicken Breast
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Cover each breast with plastic wrap and pound to approximately a 6mm (1/4”) thickness, taking care not to make any holes.
- Lay meat out, and just inside one edge lay a piece of mozzarella, black pepper to taste, 3 or 4 of the s/d tomatoes, 2 spinach leaves and 2-3 basil leaves (depending on size).
- Fold breast over, and secure with toothpicks or skewers (I used 4 toothpicks per breast) Grind rice crackers using a food processor, rolling pin or mortar and pestle until they are the consistency of “normal” breadcrumbs.
- Mix garlic powder, parsely and freshly ground black pepper into rice cracker crumbs.
- Dip the stuffed breasts into beaten egg and coat well with crumbs.
- Bake in a 200c oven for the first 20mins, then turn down to 180c for another 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Delicious* Fantastic chicken. These were quite easy to make and the directions were clear and simple. I added the water with the beaten eggs. I used grated mozzarella and baby spinach leaves as these were all that was available. I also used "Orgran" brand rice crumbs in place of the rice crackers. It was so good to use a recipe that was already suitable to my gluten-free diet. I sprayed the chicken with cooking oil before placing in the oven and they browned up nicely. The fresh basil leaves and semi-dried tomatoes were great additions. My whole family loved these and we will be making again. I rolled my chicken carefully and secured them with two toothpicks per breast roll- then removed the picks prior to serving. I think these would work well to prepare in advance and freeze. Then could be cooked from forzen (allowing extra time of course!). Photo also being posted