Stuffed Cabbage-Troo Style
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 130*C (275*F).
- Cook the cabbage in boiling salted water for 4 minutes or so, then drain and run under the cold tap.
- Drain again thoroughly.
- Butter a deep oven proof dish generously with half the butter.
- Cover the base with a third of the cabbage.
- Season well.
- Arrange half the sausagemeat over the cabbage, flattening it out a bit with your fingertips so that it covers it reasonably well, pressing down as you go.
- Repeat these layers and then finish with a final layer of cabbage.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Dot with remaining butter, cover tightly and bake for 2 1/2 hours until the cabbage is as tender as butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!