Stuffed Bread Cabbage Rolls
- Ready In:
- Brown ground beef, add salt, pepper, cabbage and onions, cook until cabbage has softened.
- Grade cheddar cheese and put in bowl.
- Cool beef mixture before using.
- Roll dough out in small circles about 8 inches.
- Fill dough with meat mixture and cheese.
- Fold dough over like a pocket and seal with beaten egg or water.
- Bake in oven at 350* for 30 minutes.
- When done baking butter the tops of rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! My family really liked it. When I did 2 lbs. of beef with 1 large head of cabbage, it was like a little meat in cabbage instead of cabbage in meat (I'm not familiar with cabbage, but it must have been one huge head!). I had to add 2 more lbs. of meat and then it was right. Unfortunately, there was way too much left over. I froze the rest -will see if it freezes well or not -if so, then that is just fine with me -it'll make it easier next time. Also, I looked for Texas sized rolls (someone said worked better in another recipe). I could only find Rhodes frozen rolls -they worked great, but to get them to roll out enough, I had to put two of them together. They turned out great though. I also added a thin slice of velveeta to the top of each one to get my son to like it more.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A Group of local women making up large batches of meals (one for each family in the swap) and getting together every two weeks to swap out our one meal for a whole bunch of other yummies. Here is where we keep track of all that we like.