Stuffed Bell Peppers (Easy and Kid Friendly)
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup uncooked rice- cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in skillet, brown 3/4 to 1 pd of ground beef. Add salt and pepper and about 1-2 tsp dried minced onions. cook till meat is done.
- When the rice is finished, combine rice, meat mixture, 1 can (15oz) of tomato sauce, and two tablespoons of worcheshire sauce. Simmer about 15-20 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Blanche the bell peppers first so they are soft.
- If you like bell peppers, you can put the mixture in bell pepper, top with shredded cheddar and bake in the oven until hot, about 15 minutes.
- If you do not like bell peppers, sprinkle some cheese over the mixture in the skillet and serve once it is melted.
- It does not take that long and you can get other stuff ready while the rice is cooking and mix is simmering.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers taste good also if your bell peppers are filled and mixture is leftover.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom both with stuff at home and my work. My kids and husband love to try new creations so they are right at home with my love of recipes. It is fun to make something and try several different ways at it. I love to try different enchilada recipes, recipes for various ice teas, and anything that gets food on the table on the weeknights. Restaurant recipes for the weekends are another favorite.