Stuffed Bell Pepper Cups
- Ready In:
- Cut of the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds and membrane.
- Precook the peppers in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes and drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle inside of peppers with a little salt or parmesan cheese.
- Cook the ground beef with the onion until meat is browned.
- Drain grease.
- Season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Add canned tomatoes, water, uncooked rice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover pan and simmer until rice is tender; about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the American cheese.
- Stuff peppers and stand upright in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Note: When I make them ahead and refrigerate them, I cook them for 40-45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made these for years - they're delicious. I know the recipe calls for salting the pepper cups after parboiling them, but I was never sure how much salt I was putting in there. I salt the filling to taste just before putting it in the cups. No guess-work needed. I also chop the removed tops of the peppers & add them to the meat & onions.