Stuffed Baked Apples
Another one from Ms. Ray, only slightly altered. This is such an easy dessert and terrific topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream...or both! *Be sure to a dish with sides as this can get rather saucy!
- Ready In:
- 4 large fuji apples or 4 large granny smith apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄8 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts or pecans)
- Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice.
- Mix next 7 ingredients and pack stuffing into center of cored apples. Don't worry if it spills over the top -- heap it on!
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Transfer apples to small bowls with a spoon and top with ice cream and/or whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very disappointed in this recipe. I had medium size apples but they we hard after the 20 minutes at 420 degrees. The 420 made some of the stuffing hard and hadf a little burned flavor. I would suggest reducing temp to 375-350 and increase the time to 40-45 minutes. I may make it again with changes because it is easy to make.Reply