Stuff Cabbage Rolls
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb sweet italian ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper, deseeded
- 1 chopped red jalapeno chile, deseeded
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onions or 1/3 cup white onion
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 6 -8 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon (Squeeze lemon Juice)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to boil . Boil cabbage leaves in the boiling water about 2-3 minutes. Drain well. Cook rice keep it a little firm not all the way cook. (The rice will cook the rest of the way from the steam from the cabbage rolls).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients together. Mix well. Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, burrito style. Place in a baking dish or Dutch oven.
- For the sauce in a saucepan, Combine all ingredients except the parsley, in a saucepan and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over the rolls. Save some of the sauce for reserve when the rolls are done.
- Bake 350 F degree cover for 2 hours. Once done pour the reserve sauce over the rolls and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!