Stromboli With Prosciutto, Peppers, Onions, Garlic & Shrooms
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large button mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pizza dough (1/2 of $notetemplate1$ makes enough for 2 large Stromboli`s)
- 1 ounce prosciutto, 4 slices
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce, use your favorite (plus some extra for dipping)
- In a large pan heat oil add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Go ahead and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Saute till soft and translucent. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out the dough into about 12x10.
- Place prosciutto on the end near you covering 1/4-1/3 of the dough.
- Place the cheese over the prosciutto.
- Top with the vegetable mixture dot the sauce over the veggies.
- Roll the side with the toppings into the bare dough. Bringing the side up and pinching so nothing leaks out.
- Score the top of the dough for steam to escape.
- You can do an egg wash of just brush with water.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Live, Love, & Laugh.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation