Strawberry Sweet Potato Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 (17 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained (about 1 c.)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam (I used the nothing but fruit kind.)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Spray muffin pan with butter flavored non-stick spray or line with paper cups.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spice, and salt. Make a well in the center; set aside.
- In another bowl, mash potatoes with a fork. Add egg, milk, jam, and oil.
- Pour potato mixture into the flour mixture and stir until moist.
- Fill muffin cups approximately 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Drizzle with icing and top with additional jam.
- To make icing, stir together powdered sugar, jam, vanilla, and milk. Add more or less milk to create the desired consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!