Strawberry-Sour Cream Crepes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups sour cream or 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- Beat the eggs and add to the milk and water.
- Sift flour with the salt and gradually add to the egg and milk mixture.
- Add the melted butter and blend thoroughly.
- If mixing by hand, strain the batter through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Allow to stand for at least an hour before using. If too thick, add a little more water and mix well.
- Pour one or two tablespoons of the batter (depending on the size of the pan) in the center of a hot, lightly oiled frying pan. Tip the pan to spread the batter and cook until the top is dry. Turn over and cook for 15 seconds on the other side. Makes 12.
- Beat together the sour cream or yogurt with the sugar and set aside.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Fill each crepe with the mixture and fold over.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As a teenager, I never wanted to learn anything about cooking. Now that I'm older I'm borderline obsessed with the culinary world!