A fresh and easy dessert. You will have to do some freezing, so add on about an hour for freezing time. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
- In a blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the blended sorbet into a flat pan and freeze in your deep freezer for 45 minutes or more, until firm enough to scoop. My freezer is very cold, so you may need more time. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes if too frozen.
- Scoop into bowls, garnish if desired and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
100% Yum. I used frozen strawberries (defrosted barely enough to blend) and Splenda to sweeten. When blended to the point that there were still some berry chunks I used the ice cream maker to to freeze it in about 15 mins (it was still really cold). I got summer tasting strawberry sorbet with a great lime counter part to the sweet strawberries. :D1Reply
Super easy to make! It has a fantastic fresh strawberry taste. I replaced the water with Dole's 100% Pineapple Mango Juice. Next time I think I will add less lime juice. This recipe is absolutely replacing my old one; my old recipe called for three times the amount of liquid and I had to cook'n'chill the sugar with the water. Now I can skip all that extra work! Out with the old, in with the new! Thanks for posting!!!1Reply