Strawberry Shortcake Scones
With strawberries filling my garden found this recipe for scones with fresh strawberries and a yummy glaze.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 12 small strawberries, diced
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add butter and cut in with pastry blender (or hands) until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Toss in strawberries and coat lightly with flour.
- Add half and half and fold together gently until just begins to come together and form a soft dough. (Do not knead or over mix dough).
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and pat into a 1 inch thick rectangle.
- With sharp knife, cut rectangle into 6 squares, then cut squares on diagonal to form 12 traingles.
- Place scone on prepared baking sheet and bake 16-18 minutes or until cooked through and olden.
- Place sheet of parchment on work surface, then a cooling rack over top. Remove scones from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 10 minutes.
- Make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, vanilla and half and half until smooth. (if glaze too thick, add more cream. If to thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Generously drizzle scones with glaze. (Glaze will firm up when completely cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION