Strawberry Pretzel Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘Southern Plate’ by Christy Jordan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (13 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (you can use sugar free)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced sweetened strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the crushed pretzels, margarine and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- In another large bowl, mix the cream cheese with 1 cup sugar; add the whipped topping and mix well.
- Spread over the cooled pretzel crust.
- Dissolve the jello in the boiling water; add the frozen strawberries.
- Break up the strawberries with a fork as they begin to thaw, while stirring.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Pour over the whipped topping layer.
- Chill until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION