Strawberry Pie Fast and Easy
Fast and easy strawberry pie great for summer guests.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (cut large strawberries in 2 or 3 pieces and small into 2 pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inch or deep dish)
- Bring the sugar, cornstarch, water to a boil and let thicken.
- Add Jell-0 and stir until well mixed.
- Let mixture cool down a little about 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberries in pie shell.
- Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate till jello mixture is solid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Super easy with the prepared graham cracker crust, even tastier with a homemade graham cracker crust. I used about 5 cups of strawberries and had too much jello mix. I could have gotten away with making half of the mixture, and will do that next time using a regular size jello box (3 oz) instead of the bigger box and half of the water/sugar/cornstarch that is called for. I like the pie packed with berries and the jel just as the "glue" that hold it all together. I imagine this would be great with any kind of berries or a combo of berries. Thanks!
This was spectacular! Easy to make and delicious. I sliced the strawberries, as I prefer that look. At first, I thought the graham cracker crust would be soggy, but this sliced beautifully, too. It'll be a part of our July 4 picnic, too. I must have a knack, lol, for picking winners, as I haven't yet been disappointed on this site. Thanks, jean!