photo by alabughosh
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- Set baked pie shell aside.
- Mash enough of the berries to make 1 cup full of mashed berries.
- Mix dry sugar and dry cornstarch well.
- In a medium saucepan,mix sugar and cornstarch mixture with water and berries.
- Cook on medium heat (stirring constantly) till mixture boils and gets thick.
- then boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- While this mixture is cooling, beat cream cheese till smooth and softened.
- Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Put the remaining WHOLE berries in the pie shell over cream cheese.
- Pour the cooked berries over top and refrigerate till cold and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this recipe! The ingredients were so simple and it turned out amazing! The most difficult part about the recipe was the berry mixture. I mashed the strawberries with a fork and it took maybe 7-10 minutes for the strawberry mixture to get thick, but when it did, it was definitely not runny at all. LOVE IT. I'm gonna make this recipe again but instead turn it into small tarts with blueberries!
see 8 more reviews
Very good, fresh flavor. Very easy to make, I finely chopped the portion of strawberries that were supposed to be mashed, used brown sugar instead of regular sugar and added about 3 and a half tbsps of cornstarch instead of 3. I also sliced the other stawberries in half instead of adding them whole and added 6 ounces of cream cheese instead of 3. Finally, I covered the pie with sliced almonds. Very good and very easy to make dessert!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to let you all know that I am no longer able to review your recipes that I have tried. since they changed the site around webtv does not supprt zaars new site.I have a webtv not a computer and webtv does not support the new recipezaar site. so I will no longer be able to review your great recipes,nor will I be able to put my own recipes on here.Please don't think I wouldn't like to review your recipes,it was one of the nice parts of zaar that I did enjoy doing. So please forgive!!! I am Married to the same guy for 40 years,I Have 2 beautiful Daughters, who have given me 6 grand and glorious grandchildren. I love to cook,in fact you could call it my favorite hobby My pet peeve is telemarketers,Every time I get busy with my recipe hobby one of them will call and knock me off the web,and of coarse I waste precious time getting back on.I am disabled,so I no longer work,and have plenty of time to pursue my hobby. My best dish I make is Lasagna but thats just because I love lasagna.I am also asked to bring No-Bake cookies at all of our potlucks, and linger-longers at church.Meat loaf is another often requested dish I am asked to bring...... NOT MY meatloaf but .... My husbands. He is as good a cook as I am,He can cook anything I can cook, and I can cook anything he can cook,but some things I make better,and some He makes better...So we do a lot of compromising at our house.