- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups ripe strawberries, hulled (or other fresh berries)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam (or raspberry or currant jam)
- 4 shortbread cookies (or other cookies like almond cookies)
- 2⁄3 cup creme fraiche, divided (or sour cream, or quark)
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint (or basil)
- Cut off the bottom and top of each berry, ending up with about 1 1/4 cups of tops and bottoms. Slice the centers of the berries and set aside.
- Process the tops and bottoms of the berries with the jam, in a small food processor, until pureed. Mix the sliced berry centers into the puree. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, coarsely crush the cookies in a plastic zip type bag. Divide the crumbs among four glass bowls or goblets. Spoon about 1/2 of the berry mixture over the crumbs in each bowl/goblet. Stir the creme fraiche well and spoon about 1/3 cup of it (in total) on top of the berries. Then add the remaining berry mixture to each bowl/goblet. Garnish with a dollop of the remaining creme fraiche and a sprig of fresh mint.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation