Strawberry Lemon Meringue Pie
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 9 inches baked pastry shells or 9 inches prepared graham pie shells
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat egg yolks. Whisk in sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place sliced strawberries over baked filling.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, but not dry. Spread meringue on top of strawberries, sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool. Chill before serving, if desired,.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.