- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
8 half pints
- Prepare Strawberries-.
- Place three layers of damp cheesecloth or a jelly bag in a medeium glass bowl.
- Cap strawberries then crush.
- Pour prepared berries in the cheesecloth or jelly bag.
- Tie off cheesecloth and let hang over bowl for 3 hours, pressing gently if needed to get 3 and 3/4 cups juice.
- Prepare waterbath canner, jars, lids and rings.
- In an 8 quart saucepan add strawberry and lemon juice together.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add Butter.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin.
- Return to full boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean, hot sterile jars.
- Wipe rims, cap and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Let stand on a rack or clean towel until cool-check seals.
- Makes about 8 half pints.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!