STRAWBERRY JAM With ORANGE ZEST
photo by clubfoody
- Ready In:
6 250ml jars
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin (3 1/2 tbsp.)
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 7 cups strawberries, washed, stem removed and halved
- 1⁄2 large orange, zested
- In a small bowl, combine pectin with ¼ cup sugar; stir to mix. In a large pot, add strawberries and zest; sprinkle pectin mixture. Set the heat to medium-high, stirring often.
- When strawberries start getting soft, using a potato masher, crush them to desired consistency (release natural pectin); cook for 10 minutes. Add remaining sugar, stir well, reduce heat to medium and bring it back to a full boil, skimming the foam on top; cook 5 minutes.
- To know if it’s ready with a desired consistency; dip a metal tablespoon in ice water for a few minutes. Dry it off and scoop some strawberry jam. Let it cool at room temperature and if sets up, it’s ready. Process with canning procedure. Makes 6 jars of 250ml.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
clubfoody.com is about combining fresh ingredients, herbs and spices. This is a fun destination for foodies who love new recipes complete with videos and kitchen tips.