Strawberry Jam Bars
photo by Jessica Costello
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix or (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry jam or 1 1/2 cups strawberry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add dry cake mix and corn flakes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough in a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Carefully spread jam over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved dough and gently press down.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all - I have been member of Recipezaar for a while now. I work as an executive assistant. I love to read - read everything, but scifi/fantasy is a particular favorite. Am actually a pretty easily amused and satisfied soul....am pretty much happy all the time.