Strawberry Horchata Pops
Fresh strawberries are pureed and stirred into homemade horchata to give this classic Mexican drink a summery twist!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- In a blender, combine the rice, water and cinnamon stick. Blend on high for 10 minutes, and pour into a large pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- Blend the strawberries until completely smooth and pour into the pitcher with the rice water mixture. Give it a stir and then pour into a large measuring cup through a fine mesh sieve to remove the rice bits and strawberry seeds.
- Stir the milk, cinnamon and sugar into the horchata and then divide between the popsicle molds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor and process a few times until coarse crumbs and pour out onto a shallow plate.
- Dip each popsicle, at an angle, into the strawberry crumbs right before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION