Strawberry Holiday Tree
Christmas trees are so much better when they're edible.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 lbs strawberries, stems removed and berries well dried
- 25 -30 mint sprigs from 2 bunches of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- *Need 12x4-inch (or larger) Styrofoam cone and toothpicks.
- To prepare cone, wrap completely with parchment paper, using toothpicks to hold parchment in place. Set cone on the center a festive serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, place chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or heatproof bowl set over barely simmering water. Heat chocolate, stirring occasionally, until completely melted, then remove from heat.
- Working one at a time and starting with the largest berries at the bottom, dip the cut stem side of the strawberry into the chocolate then place it onto the parchment wrapped cone. Repeat process, placing the berries in rows and stacking them on top of each other to reach the top of the tree.
- Once all of the berries are placed on the cone, arrange mint sprigs in the spaces between the berries. Place confectioners sugar in a sifter and tap around the tree to dust with sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation