Strawberry Guava Jam
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 3 cups guava
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- Select guavas that are still firm. Wash, trim off top and bottom and cut in half. Then use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the center with all seeds into 1 bowl and skin and meat into another bowl.
- Place the seedy bowl into a blender and add just a tad of water and pulse a couple times. Strain with a strainer to catch only the seeds or use a netting material and squeeze juice and pulp out.
- Place the juice and meat with skins in a large pot and add water until it shows through the fruit.
- Cook gently until guavas are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add lemon and sugar.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- After the jam comes to a full boil, let it cook for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Use a stick blender to reduce the size of the meat (or process in food processor or blender -- I prefer the stick as it is easier and allows you to leave nice size fruit in the jam.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and use safe canning methodology.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.