Strawberry Eclair Ice Cream Cake
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
1 9-inch cake
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 (14 1/3 ounce) packages golden Oreos
- 2 cups strawberries, thinly sliced, plus 1 cup cut in half through the stem
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberry shortcake ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 16 -20 mini golden oreos for topping cake
- 1⁄2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the milk in a small bowl. Working one or two at a time, dip the Oreo cookies quickly in the milk and arrange them in a stack around the edge of a 9-inch springform pan until you reach the top edge. You should have about 6 layers of cookies.
- Place 12 Oreo cookies in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of the milk that you used to dip the cookies. Process until the crumbs just hold together, then place the mixture in the bottom of the pan and press to make into an even crust.
- Top the crumb crust with the thinly sliced strawberries, then top with strawberry ice cream and smooth into an even layer. Top the strawberry ice cream with the strawberry shortcake ice cream and smooth into an even layer. Top with the whipped cream topping and smooth to the edge of the pan. Cover with plastic and transfer to the freezer until set, about 4-6 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and remove the side from the springform pan. Place strawberry halves around the edge of the cake, red side up, leaving a space for the mini oreo cookies. Place the mini oreo cookies, standing on the edge, in the spaces between the strawberries. Shave the freeze dried strawberries over the top to decorate.
- Cut cake into wedges to serve.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!