Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake With Strawberry Icing
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
1 10x15-inch sheet cake or about 30 cupcakes
- 1 (18 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant strawberry pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
FOR THE ICING
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk, if needed
- Mix all ingredients for the cake, except the chocolate chips, with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 10x15-inch baking pan or 30-48 cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes for a sheet cake or 18-22 minutes for cupcake, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Beat the butter for the frosting with electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar and beat.
- Add strawberries and vanilla.
- If needed to make the icing spreadable, add a bit of milk a teaspoon at a time.
- Spread icing on cake or pipe icing onto cupcakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.