Strawberry cake made from ice cream and box cake.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons berry liqueur (Chambord)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup sliced strawberry (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F; coat standard bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour, shake out excess.
- With electric mixer, beat cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a bowl for 3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, butter and liqueur on medium speed until light and creamy (2 minutes or so). On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners sugar, about 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in food coloring. Refrigerate while cake cools.
- Once cake is cool, spread frosting over top and sides. Garnish with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation