Strawberry-Buttermilk Frozen Dessert
photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- Stir together the buttermilk, jam/preserves, and vanilla until mixed.
- Pour into a suitable freezer container, and freeze until firm, perhaps overnight.
- Cut up the frozen mixture, place in mixing bowl, and whip with electrix mixer until fluffy.
- Return to freezer container, cover, and freeze until firm.
- Serve scoops in pretty bowls with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
- (Try other preserves or jam as well).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sounded, at first, way out! But we tried it, and it was great!! The kids loved it. What a simple, successful recipe, with a delicious sweetsour (more sweet than sour) taste! Very refreshing!! I would think peach or apricot jam or preserves would also be fantastic. We do not have an ice cream maker anyway, so this recipe really fitted the bill. A great hot-weather quickie, which I recommend wholeheartedly. Light and great finish to a meal.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).