Strawberry, Basil and White Pepper Jam.
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 kg strawberries
- 500 g jam sugar
- handful basil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1. Put the strawberries together with the sugar in a large saucepan.
- 2. Stir over medium heat and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Reduce the heat to the low and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 3. Add Basil leaves, pepper and stir well for a minute. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal.
- 5. Let cool to room temperature upside-down on the counter, then store in a cool and dark place for a few months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!