Strawberry Banana Bread - Disney World
from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 6 medium-size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- Grease two 9- by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Incorporate the bananas and scrape the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a rack before inverting onto a plate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Took longer to bake than the recipe stated. I left it in for about 85 minutes and turned the heat up to 450 for the final 5 minutes (though honestly that was because I was in a time crunch to get dinner started and needed to preheat to 450 for dinner) and it turned out great. Very moist. I followed another reviewer's advice and diced the strawberries. I would love to make this again and am hoping to try using some white whole wheat next time instead of all white wheat.