Strawberry Amaretto Ice Cream Cocktail
This tastes like a fresh fruit version of a thick shake with amaretto. The amaretto gives a warm flavour to this otherwise ice cold treat!
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 2 1⁄2 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (or more depending on your preference)
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Put them in a blender with the ice cream, milk, powdered sugar and amaretto.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more amaretto if desired- I like a hint of amaretto but you may prefer it stronger.
- Strain through a sieve to remove the strawberry seeds (this produces a much smoother drink and is worth it if you have time).
- Serve ice cold and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! Just made these for my husband and I using strawberries picked just this morning, and wow, are they good. Added a little extra amaretto to polish off a bottle. I downed mine in pretty much one shot, hubby is still sipping his. I could see these being really dangerous on a hot sunny day (like today!). Good thing we're now out of milk. hahaReply
This is better than any smoothie or shake I've ever tried. The amaretto really kicked up the flavor a lot in this cocktail. Like others, I didn't strain the drink either. I'm thinking....to make it a real adult cocktail, maybe I'll add a little gin the next time I make this. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Shuzbud.Reply
see 5 more