Strawberries on a Cloud
Great to make for gatherings because if this dessert was just sitting in my refrigerator looking at just me...I'd eat it all.
- Ready In:
- 1 angel food cake, split horizontally
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounces refrigerated non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pints strawberries, washed, dried and sliced
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk condensed milk, lemon juice and whipped topping until combined.
- Arrange half of the strawberries then half of the topping mix over bottom layer of the angel food cake.
- Top with remaining layer of cake, whipped topping and stawberries.
- Tip: Cut the bottom layer slightly thicker than the top layer for a solid base.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Woohoo!! On cloud nine after tasting this one!! I cut the recipe to serve 2 and didn't want to buy a full angel food cake, so I made Recipe #369222, and it was wonderful. I was worried that the whipped topping with milk and lemon juice was going to be too soupy, but after refrigerating, it was nice and thick!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 tag.
4.5 stars by a family vote. The topping was very tasty and very easy; one child served himself a cloud topped by strawberry slices (skipping the cake) -- I think he had the best idea. There was no angel food cake available, so I used Hostess shortcakes with the indented top; adults only needed one for their dessert, two layers were redundant. I used Strawberry-flavored Cool Whip, which had a soft pink color, perfect for this dish. Thank you for sharing this recipe, gailanng! Made for Please Review My Recipe.