Stovepipe Bread ( Coffee Can Bread )
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Can't remember where I got this recipe. I think someone was asking for a bread that was baked in coffee cans.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Place 1 1/2 cups flour into large bowl of mixer.
- Add yeast and blend at low speed 1/2 minute.
- Combine milk, water, oil, sugar, and salt in small saucepan.
- Heat just until warm.
- Add to dry ingredients in mixer bowl and beat at low speed until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat at medium speed until blended.
- Scrape beaters, remove bowl from mixer, and stir in remaining flour with wooden spoon.
- This will make a soft dough or a stiff batter.
- Spoon into 2 well-buttered 1-pound coffee cans.
- Cover with plastic lids and let stand in warm place, draft free.
- When dough has risen almost to top of cans, remove lids.
- Bake in 375 preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or till brown.
- Cool about 10 minutes in cans before removing to rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION