Stove Top Smoker Poached Salmon With Cucumber Dill Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe to be used with a stove top smoker, only for this recipe it's used as a steamer. From the Cameron Cooking Guide.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 4 salmon steaks
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 onion, thin sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 3 shallots or 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground dill
- Mix the marinade and marinate the salmon for 2 hours before poaching.
- Pour 2 inches of water into the smoker. Omit the drip tray and place rack inside.
- Place salmon in a shallow pan and steam for 20 minutes per pound on medium heat or until it flakes easily.
- Serve with sauce on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION