MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Moussaka is such a yummy dish but it can be a tad of a chore to put together sometimes. This is a quick version that can be made on the stovetop and be on the table in no time. I originally found this recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 ounces roasted eggplant packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan.
- Toss in the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the ground lamb and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Tip the tomatoes into the pan and stir in the tomato paste and cinnamon, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Leave the mince to simmer for 20 minutes, adding the eggplant half way through.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta and chopped mint over the lamb.
- Bring the moussaka to the table as the feta melts and serve it with a crunchy green salad and toasted pita.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us for supper this evening & it worked out great ~ Simple enough to put together, & great tasting, as well! I even left the mint in there (for my other half, no less) & must admit that I even enjoyed it, probably because of the combined taste of mint/feta! Not something I'd want to make often, but I'll certainly make it again, perhaps even for company, considering how much we liked it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed while in Greece with ZWT6]Reply