Stir-Fried Shrimp, Chinese Style
photo by alligirl
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw and in shells
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce (I like to use low-sodium)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Marinate the shrimp, in shells, for about 15 minutes in the soy sauce, sherry, and ginger. Drain.
- Stir-fry in a hot pan (on med. high heat) with the peanut oil and garlic until the color of the shrimp changes to pink.
- Add the green onions, salt and sesame oil. Toss until the onions barely wilt.
- Serve hot and let guests remove the shells right at the table!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Beautiful shrimp, which we enjoyed for appy night! They 'fried' up nicely, in the wok and finishing them with the sesame oil imparts a really nice depth of flavor. Served with ponzu as a dipping sauce. Definitely going into my 'Best of...' cookbook and we'll be having them again! Thanks for sharing, LifeIsGood!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!