Stir-Fried Fresh Aspargus
This is a no soy sauce, no sesame oil recipe. Although I love both of these, I'm on a diet and can't really have these seasonings. This fits the bill!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (I use Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I used Morton's Lite salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Saute minced garlic in melted butter in a large skillet for 1 minute. Add asparagus pieces, stirring well to combine. Add chicken broth, salt, and sugar, stirring well to combine. Cook over high heat 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with slice almonds or sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more