Stir-fried Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons spring onions
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted black beans
- 5 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- Place the chicken in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. When it is very hot (slightly smoking), add the chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the spring onions and the black beans; stir-fry additional 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br />My most used and favorite cookbook is the 1946 edition of Fannie Farmer's Boston Cooking School handed down to me from my Mother. <br /> <br />My most favorite kitchen utensils are a set of Johnson & Wales knives given to me by my mother, a professional chef. <br /> <br />I enjoy traveling to exotic places, trying new foods and bringing home rare ingredients to expirement with. <br /> <br />I work fulltime as a lab technician for a local diagnostic center. In addition to that, during my free time I'm either at the gym, listening to music, tending to my herb garden and/or trying out new recipes & ideas in the kitchen. <br /> <br />I am a classically trained singer and musician, passionate about music. <br /> <br />My favourite thing to do is sit outside in my garden with my husband, a glass of wine, good food, music & a few good friends. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedHostChallengeBanner.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>