- Ready In:
- 1 lb stingray, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Add mushrooms, celery, onion, green pepper and basil. Saute the Mushroom Mixture for about 10 minutes or until celery is tender.
- While mushrooms are sauteing, make the White Sauce by melting 4 tablespoons of butter in the top of a double boiler. Stirring constantly, gradually add the flour. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Slowly pour in milk. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add stingray to the Mushroom Mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Combine stingray and Mushroom Mixture with the White Sauce and stir well. Pour everything into a casserole dish. Cover with cracker crumbs and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!