Stewed Eggplant (Aubergine) and Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This came from an internet site. Always looking for new recipes for garden tomatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Place eggplant in a bowl and sprinkle with salt to draw out excess moisture for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse in a colander with cold water and pat dry.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute onion until tender.
- Add eggplant, tomatoes, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat stirring frequently for 45-60 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION