Stewart's Thai Red Curry W/ Lychee
- Ready In:
- 250 g bbq duck breasts or 250 g barbecued chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 2 -3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 250 ml coconut milk or 250 ml coconut cream
- 400 g lychees, drained and halved
- 200 g pineapple chunks, drained
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g bamboo shoots, drained and sliced
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 -6 kaffir lime leaves, lightly crushed
- 4 coriander leaves (as garnish)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- Put the red curry paste & coconut milk/cream into a saucepan over low heat and stir over low heat until paste melts/dissolves & mixes as a liquid into the coconut milk.
- Add the poultry, bamboo slices, chilli, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves.
- Start cooking the Jasmine rice. 11-12 minutes at rolling boil. Keep an eye on the time!
- Bring curry to simmer & let it cook all the flavours together while the rice is cooking, stirring every now and again to stop anything burning/sticking to the bottom of saucepan. If the meat wasn't pre-cooked, make sure it's done.
- Taste/test the rice often towards end of cooking! Drain immediately when done.
- When the rice is nearly cooked (and meat is also definitely cooked if it wasn't already), add the following to the saucepan and stir through to heat them up but not cook them lychees, pineapple and cherry tomatoes.
- Turn off the heat to the curry when the Jasmine rice is cooked
- Pick out the kaffir lime leaves from curry & discard.
- Serve curry on a bed of Jasmine rice in the middle of the plate that has crater in the middle to hold the curry.
- Garnish curry generously with coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.