Stetson Chopped Salad
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces israeli couscous, cooked
- 2 ounces arugula, chopped
- 2 ounces roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces smoked salmon, diced small
- 1⁄2 ounce asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 ounce pepitas
- 1⁄2 ounce black currants
- 1 ounce super sweet dried whole corn
Pesto Buttermilk Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup aioli
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
- Layer salad ingredients in large bowl.
- To make dressing, add first 3 ingredients to food processor and blend thoroughly.
- With motor running pour in buttermilk.
- Add remaining ingredients to combine.
- Dress salad as desired, tossing to combine.
- Store remaining dressing in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty delicious. I took advice for another reviewer and made this as a main dish, not using the currants, and with less dressing. I quartered the dressing ingredients except the lemon (and used less aioli) - and it was more than enough for our tastes. I cooked a cup of Israeli couscous to make this an entree, so did double the tomatoes, salmon and corn because of that. Next time I would add even more tomatoes. I kept thinking while eating it that light salami would be great a sub for the salmon and go really well with it. It was a great "pasta salad", very much enjoyed!