- Ready In:
- 4 sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup dry mustard, such as Coleman's
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large lime, juice of
- coarse salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- Place steaks on a platter and sprinkle with half the dry mustard; pat the steaks with the flat part of a fork to spread the mustard evenly over the meat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with half the Worcestershire sauce, then squeeze half the lime over them; pat with the fork.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper.
- Turn the steaks over and spread with the remaining mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice, and more salt and pepper, patting with the fork.
- Let the steaks marinate for 15-20 minutes while you preheat the grill.
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
- Place the steaks on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until cooked to taste, 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare; do not rotate steaks here, if you do, you will jar off the mustard mixture.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steaks on the diagonal, as you would London broil.
- Let the slices marinate in the meat juices for a minute or two, then serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!