Stefatho (Greek Beef Stew)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs lean beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, medium chop
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- Mix together the garlic salt, pepper, oregano, and Greek seasoning (this is very loose- you will most likely come up with your own variation.).
- Cover the cut beef with the seasoning mixture.
- Put the beef in an already-heated stew pot along with the garlic (whole and peeled cloves) and the onion.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, the red wine vinegar, the red wine, and the water.
- Mix and allow to come to a boil.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love platypuses and chihuahuas! I hate chocolate!