Stefano's Spaghetti Meatballs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sicilian Spaghetti Meatballs recipe, a little unconventinal.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 1min
- 500 ml tomato puree
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled
- 70 ml tomato paste
- italian red wine
- olive oil
- 125 g bufala mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- garlic powder
- 1 kg minced beef
- lemon juice
- red pepper flakes
- Mix the meat with with the herbs, a clove of garlic, 1/2 an onion, a little bit of wine and lemon juice. Turn it into golfball-sized meatballs.
- You can either bake the meatballs until they're a little brown but still soft, or put them in the refridgerator untill you need them again.
- Put olive oil in a large pan, till the bottom is entirely covered. Add the remaning garlic and the onion. Fry untill there are bubbles around the garlic.
- Next add 100 ml of water and the plum tomatoes in the pan, and stir them gently into the sauce untill they're broke. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then you add the tomato paste en 70 ml of water, along with pepper and salt, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon of basil and 1 teaspoon of parsley. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, stir every minute.
- Now you need to insert the tomato puree into the sauce, along with 1/4 cup of the red wine, 2 teaspoons of oregano, 1 teaspoon basil a liitle bit of red pepper flakes, not too much!, and 2 teaspoons parsley. Let simmer for half an hour.
- Now add the meatballs to the sauce, i prefer unbaked because it's less fat and the balls will be softer. Let it cook slowly for about 2 hours, untill the sauce thickens.
- When the sauce is done, cook spaghetti al dente.
- Put the spaghetti on a plate, then the mozzarella and the sauce. Most people serve it with Parmigiano or Pecorino, but believe, the softness of the mozzarella is delicious in the sauce. Serve with focaccia.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION