Steamed Vegetables With Honey Sesame Dressing
A Donna Hay spring recipe from 2007.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 yellow zucchini, cut lengthways
- 3 1⁄2 ounces baby corn
- 8 baby carrots, peeled
- 1 bunch bok choy, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, place the honey, soy, sesame seeds, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Steam vegetables for about 6 minutes.
- Spoon over the honey sesame dressing.
- Great with grilled chicken, fish or meat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice vegetable dish. I used baby bok choy. One thing which needs to be added to the directions is, you need to drain the vegetables. Even though they are steamed, there's still quite a bit of water on them and that made the sauce watery. The flavor is still thee, but I feel it would be even more flavorful if the sauce clung better. Made for My 3 Chefs and Slide into Sides Photo Event. :)Reply