Steamed Vegetable Medley
photo by NormCooks
- Ready In:
- 1 lb turnip greens, frozen
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea pods, fresh whole
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- You'll need a 3 quart saucepan with a steamer insert and lid. Fill your saucepan 1/2 full with water. Add 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix.
- Wash, peel and chop turnip (if you don't like turnips, substitute a 2nd unpeeled potato). Chop onions, carrots, and potato (don't peel the potato). Slice bell pepper into rings.
- Place turnips and potatoes in your steamer insert. Cover with frozen turnip greens, then add other ingredients. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of black pepper and 1 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix. Steam until turnips and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- After medley is done, remove steamer insert, add 1 cup of water to broth and boil a few 1/2 ears of corn for a special treat. Your corn will soak up the vegetable flavors from the broth and won't need any salt. Remove the corn when done and freeze remaining broth as a base for your next soup or stew.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I cook for fun and passion. I love to dazzle my wife (whom I met online in 1999) with new flavors and culinary surprises. I like simple recipes with limited steps and common ingredients which produce surpisingly delicious taste treats. I only post recipes I have written and cooked myself. Our Star Trek Club is known for frequent gatherings throughout Central Florida with great food always on hand.