Steamed & Roasted Artichoke With Parmesan
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 whole artichoke, rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Trim artichoke steam and about 3/4 - 1 inch off the tip of the artichoke.
- Use a scissor to snip thorned tips from the end of the leaves.
- Place artichoke facing up in a steamer basket over 2" boiling water.
- Steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove artichoke from steamer.
- let artichoke cool to room temperature, and preheat oven to 350* F.
- Place artichoke, facing up, in a shallow dish.
- Fill dish with chicken broth until there is approximately 1/2 inch of liquid.
- Place bay leaf in the chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and oregano; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the artichoke, making sure to get some in between the leaves.
- Cover with a foil tent.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!