Steamed Palm Sugar Custards
- Ready In:
- Place milk, sugar, star anise and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain mixture and place in a bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly and whisk into milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into 6-8 CHINESE tea cups and place tea cups in a steamer.
- Place steamer over rapidly simmering water for 20 minutes or until custards are just set.
- NOTE: Try not to open the lid of the steamer before 18 minutes.
- Affects the texture of the custard.
- Steam would be lost once the lid is opened before they are ready.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(READ MORE ABOUT ME AND MORE RECIPES AT vanessafrida.livejournal.com) Thanks for clicking on my name and finding out more about myself. I stumbled upon 'zaar by chance, and I have been hooked ever since. It is just so much easier surfing online for a recipe then flipping through a zillion cookbooks. I am a big fan of healthy meal, and i love to use heaps of garlic in my food. Guess it is the asian blood in me. :) And I am a real sweet tooth, and I'm constantly on a lookout for cake and biscuit recipes. Have a look at the recipes i have posted, and tell me what you think. Thanks!